Friday 30 November 2012

All-Weather-Tyres - just in Time

Two weeks ago I had decided that it would be a good idea to get all-year-tyres for MrPercy. I am planning to take the vehicle to areas where there might be snow and ice. The tyres which were now mounted were still ok, but would eventually need to be replaced. So I went once again to MyTyres and ordered online 4 new tyres. For this particular size there were only 4 brands to choose from. And only one had reasonable review results, so I chose the Vredestein Quatrac 3. Unfortunately not very cheap... but I hope this tyre will proof itself worth the expense.

Interesting: the tyres ordered through MyTyres are shipped from Germany, as in the UK it is basically almost impossible to get a choice of winter or all-season tyres. The shipping is included in the price, they ship the set of 4 tyres to a garage of my choice, which then do the fitting at a special fixed price (£ 15 per tyre).

No comments:

Post a Comment