Saturday 1 December 2012

Fixing the Gas Bottle

When I bought the car, the blue gas container just stood there in its compartment, without any attachment to the walls. I bought a strap for attaching the gas bottle to the wall, so that it would not fly around wildy. I have not yet tried the gas cooker - hopefully it will not explode when I ignite it for the first time. I am not very comfortable with gas - one of my childhood memories is that someone in our village got badly hurt in a house gas explosion. And I keep reading about exploding gas equipment... it appears to be inherently unsafe. But for a campervan I have no other choice for cooking and heating - gas is the only option, when driving into the wilderness and not having any external electric power available.

No comments:

Post a Comment