Sunday 9 December 2012

The Gas Cooker is Working!

Yesterday evening for the very first time I fired up the gas hob. I first checked that the gas hose was connected tightly. The gas bottle was now affixed properly, the electric 12V wire was properly connected. I opened the valve at the gas bottle. No noise or anything that would indicate that gas would flow. I then went into the van and turned one of the knows at the hob to let the gas flow. Then I used an igniter to get a flame and light the gas. And it worked! Did the same for the other ring of the hob, and then I had both cookers working properly.


Today then came the real test: boiling some tea for our group as we went out on a photo and video shoot. As the picture here documents, the hob worked well, and 6 people had their cuppa.

No comments:

Post a Comment