Wednesday 28 November 2012

Trouble with China

In recent weeks I had bought many items on eBay, and many of them were available by sellers in Hongkong, Taiwan, Singapore, and China. Their prices are just without competition - even with the shipping the items are so much cheaper than anywhere in the UK. So far almost everything arrived ok, with sometimes very fast, sometimes a bit slower delivery. But then I hit two "rotten apples": I got sent two completely wrong items. Instead of a CCTV recorder, I got an automatic fish pond feeder. And instead of 5 cameras, I only got 5 little miniature camera stands. Maybe it is the nature of the objects that I have ordered - could it be that cameras and video equipment are somewhat suspect? All sellers on eBay display their customers satisfaction rates. Most are 100%, or maybe 99.8%. The ones that did those "mistakes" sending me wrong stuff had an approval rating of "only" 98.5%. I had thought that this was not much of an issue... but apparently it is. They promised now to send me the correct items. Let's see.




No comments:

Post a Comment