Wednesday 17 October 2012

First repair: the fan

Driving in UK without a fan is not possible: the humidity will fog up the windows, and this is then unsafe to drive. So the very first order of action was to get the fan fixed. As the very first measure I had bought a fan/heater from Maplin, so that I could at least get a temporary fix of the foggy windscreen. But then I brought the car to the garage nearby, who always have done a great job, at reasonable prices, so that they could investigate what the problem with the fan was. It turned out that the fan was there and was working fine, but the electric power connection had simply been disconnected. When the fan was working again, it made a bit of an annoying noise, but at least I could switch it on and regulate it ok from the panel.

The mechanic told me that the Diesel engine did make a very loud noise, unusual even for an old Diesel. I made another appointment to fix that issue too.

No comments:

Post a Comment