Monday 15 October 2012

First Purchases: Locks and a Fridge

The very first purchases for MrPercy were a few things for the inside: a 12V heater fan from Maplin, so that I could at least get some moving air. Some storage bags for putting things in, and some bedding for a single bed. And: I ordered on eBay a central locking system. Quite inexpensive, from China, where nowadays all the good stuff comes from. I would have to do quite a lot of work to get this installed in MrPercy... The motorhome did not have a fridge, so I did look for fridges on eBay. I was not interested in those 3-way adsorption fridges, because they would use a lot of electricity if powered by battery. And the gas supply is limited, would be more usefully applied for cooking or heating. Therefore I had put my mind to purchasing a compressor fridge, which uses much less electricity and provides a more powerful cooling - down to -18 C. Found one, a Waeco cool box, and I was the only bidder. For a while this will stand in the house, being tested as a freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment